The Astronomia is the epitome of 21st century haute horlogerie and a globally recognized symbol of Jacob & Co watchmaking expertise. A world-first both in the boldness of its unprecedented concept and its entirely mechanical construction, the Astronomia has gone beyond impressive horological achievements and has been regarded as an outstanding multidisciplinary engineering achievement.
- Iconic gravitational triple-axis tourbillon
- 47mm platinum and sapphire crystal case, with sapphire crystal back
- All four satellites constantly turn around the dial in 20 minutes
- 288-facet Jacob-cut diamond turning in 60 seconds
- Magnesium globe turning in 60 seconds
- Unique differential always keeps the time display in the correct 12/6 orientation, no matter where it is the rotation
- Celestial Vault showing the constellations of the Northern Hemisphere, making one full rotation in one sidereal year
- Oval Sky Indicator showing the constellations overhead at any given time, making one full rotation in one sidereal day
- Domed and curved, anti-reflective sapphire crystal
- Unique crown-less design; winding and setting lift-out bows on the case back
- Specially designed application to make setting simple and easy
Manufacture Jacob&Co. Manual Winding JCAM11; Diameter: 40mm; Height: 17.15mm; Components: 395; Material: Titanium; Jewels: 42; System: Triple Axis Gravitational Tourbillon; Finishing: Plate and Bridges: Hand Angled and Polished, Flank Draw, Circular Graining, Polished Sink; Polished Screws; Power Reserve: 60-Hours; Frequency: 21'600 vib/h (3 Hz).Functions:
Celestial Dial covering the internal surface of the inside case, representing the celestial vault through zodiac signs
A full rotation in 1 sidereal year1 counter clockwise.
Oval sky indication: Showing the portion of the stars visible from the northern hemisphere, a full rotation clockwise in 1 sidereal day2 above the celestial vault.
Month indication: 12 months on sides of the celestial dial: indication index at 6 o'clock.DAY AND NIGHT INDICATIONLacquered hand-engraved titanium globe, rotating on 2 axes:
• 1st Axis: A full rotation on itself in 24 hours;
• 2nd Axis: Central Axe, travelling across the celestial vault in 20 minutes; Inside a tinted half-domed sapphire, symbolizing night and day.GRAVITATIONAL TRIPLE AXIS TOURBILLONRotating on 3 axes:
• 1st Axis: in 60 seconds,
• 2nd Axis: in 5 minutes,
• 3rd Axis: Central Axe, travelling across the celestial vault in 20 minutes;ORBITAL SECOND INDICATIONRotating on 2 axes:
• 1st Axis: in 60 seconds,• 2nd Axis: Central Axe, travelling across the celestial vault in 20 minutes Open Worked Titanium Wheel and Hand indicating seconds;HOUR & MINUTE INDICATIONPatented differential system
Rotating on a Central Axe, travelling across the celestial vault in 20 minutes;THE JACOB CUT MOONWeight: 1 carat; 288 Facets White Diamond Patented Jacob Cut Rotating on 2 axes:
• 1st Axis in 60 seconds.
• 2nd Axis: Central Axe, travelling across the celestial vault in 20 minutes.Case:
47mm; Thickness: 25mm; Material: Platinum 950; Sapphire Apertures on Sides; Case Back: Platinum 950; Bows: Platinum 950 lift- out Rotating "bows" for Winding, Time-Setting; two Wheel on Caseback Sides for Synchronization of the Sidereal Time: Celestial Dial and Oval Sky Indicator. Crystal: Unique Domed Sapphire with Anti-Reflective Treatment; Water resistance: 30m (ISO 2281).Dial:
Celestial Dial: Blue Grade 5 Titanium, 18K Gold hand-engraved and applied stars and zodiacal signs; Hour and Minute Subdial: Titanium, Hand Angled and Polished, Lacquered Indexes; Differential Gear System; Hands: Hand Finished Blue.Strap & Clasp: Alligator; Platinum 950 Folding Buckle . Limited Edition: 18 Pieces; Individually Numbered Pieces.1 One sidereal year is the time it takes the earth to orbit the sun.2 Sidereal Day= 23.5640916 hours, it is the time it takes the earth to rotate on its axis (relative to vernal equinox).LIMITED EDITION: 18 pieces