The Astronomia is the epitome of 21st century haute horlogerie and a globally recognized symbol of Jacob & Co watchmaking expertise. A world-first both in the boldness of its unprecedented concept and its entirely mechanical construction, the Astronomia has gone beyond impressive horological achievements and has been regarded as an outstanding multidisciplinary engineering achievement.
The Astronomia Sky introduces new complications of celestial inspiration to Astronomia: a sidereal display, vertical month display, zodiac signs, day and night indication, as well as a celestial panorama, orbital second indication and a Jacob-Cut® diamond Moon have all been added to fully transform the iconic Astronomia. Full of unparalleled watchmaking solutions and adorned with exceptional finishing techniques, the Astronomia Sky is a poetic and singular entity in ultra-high-end watchmaking.
- Iconic gravitational triple-axis tourbillon
- 47mm 18K rose gold and sapphire crystal case, with sapphire crystal back
- All four satellites constantly turn around the dial in 20 minutes
- Hand-painted Planet Mars with satellite, turning in 60 seconds
- Magnesium globe turning in 60 seconds
- Unique differential always keeps the time display in the correct 12/6 orientation, no matter where it is the rotation
- Celestial Vault showing the constellations of the Northern Hemisphere, making one full rotation in one sidereal year
- Oval Sky Indicator showing the constellations overhead at any given time, making one full rotation in one sidereal day
- Domed and curved, anti-reflective sapphire crystal
- Unique crown-less design; winding and setting lift-out bows on the case back
- Specially designed application to make setting simple and easy