The Astronomia is the epitome of 21st century haute horlogerie and a globally recognized symbol of Jacob & Co watchmaking expertise. A world-first both in the boldness of its unprecedented concept and its entirely mechanical construction, the Astronomia has gone beyond impressive horological achievements and has been regarded as an outstanding multidisciplinary engineering achievement.
The Astronomia Sky introduces new complications of celestial inspiration to Astronomia: a sidereal display, vertical month display, zodiac signs, day and night indication, as well as a celestial panorama, orbital second indication and a Jacob-Cut® diamond Moon have all been added to fully transform the iconic Astronomia. Full of unparalleled watchmaking solutions and adorned with exceptional finishing techniques, the Astronomia Sky is a poetic and singular entity in ultra-high-end watchmaking.
- Iconic gravitational triple-axis tourbillon
- 47mm 18K rose gold and sapphire crystal case, with sapphire crystal back
- All four satellites constantly turn around the dial in 20 minutes
- Hand-painted Planet Mars with satellite, turning in 60 seconds
- Magnesium globe turning in 60 seconds
- Unique differential always keeps the time display in the correct 12/6 orientation, no matter where it is the rotation
- Celestial Vault showing the constellations of the Northern Hemisphere, making one full rotation in one sidereal year
- Oval Sky Indicator showing the constellations overhead at any given time, making one full rotation in one sidereal day
- Domed and curved, anti-reflective sapphire crystal
- Unique crown-less design; winding and setting lift-out bows on the case back
- Specially designed application to make setting simple and easy
Movement: Caliber: Manufacture Jacob&Co. Manual Winding JCAM41; Diameter: 42mm; Height: 21.7mm; Components: 502; Material: Titanium; Jewels: 67; System: Triple Axis Tourbillon; Power Reserve: 60-Hours; Frequency: 21'600 vib/h (3 Hz);
Celestial Dial covering the internal surface of the inside case, representing the celestial vault through zodiac signs
A full rotation in 1 sidereal year1.
1 One sidereal year is the time it takes the earth to orbit the sun.
2 Sidereal Day= 23.5640916 hours, it is the time it takes the earth to rotate on its axis (relative to vernal equinox).
Oval sky indication: Showing the portion of the stars visible from the northern hemisphere, a full rotation in 1 sidereal day2 above the celestial vault.
Month indication: 12 months on sides of the celestial dial.
DAY AND NIGHT INDICATION
Lacquered hand-engraved titanium globe, rotating on itself in 24 hours, inside a tinted half-domed sapphire, symbolizing night and day.
TRIPLE AXIS TOURBILLON
Rotating on 3 axes:
• 1st Axis: in 60 seconds,
• 2nd Axis: in 5 minutes,
• 3rd Axis: Central Axe, travelling across the celestial vault in 20 minutes.
SATELLITE AND MARS ANIMATION
Rotating on 2 axes:
• 1st Axis: in 60 seconds,
• 2nd Axis: Central Axe, travelling across the celestial vault in 20 minutes
HOUR & MINUTE INDICATION
Patented differential system rotating on a Central Axe, travelling across the celestial vault in 20 minutes;
THE JACOB CUT MOON
288 Facets Diamond Patented Jacob Cut (1ct.) rotating on itself in 60 seconds.
Case: Diameter: 47mm; Thickness: 25mm; Material: 18K Rose Gold; Sapphire; Case Back: 18K Rose Gold; Bows: 18K Rose Gold lift-out Rotating "bows" for Winding, Time-Setting; two Wheel on Caseback Sides for Synchronization of the Sidereal Time: Celestial Dial and Oval Sky Indicator. Crystal: Unique Domed Sapphire with Anti-Reflective Treatment; Water resistance: 30m (3atm).
Dial & Hands: Celestial Dial: Blue Grade 5 Titanium, 18K Gold hand-engraved and applied stars and zodiacal signs; Hour and Minute Subdial: Titanium, Hand Angled and Polished, Lacquered Indexes; Differential Gear System; Hands: Blued Jacob&Co designed hands
Strap & Clasp: Alligator; 18K Rose Gold Folding Buckle.
Limited Edition: 18 pieces