The Astronomia is the epitome of 21st century ultra-high-end watchmaking and a globally recognized symbol of Jacob & Co watchmaking expertise. A world-first both in the boldness of its unprecedented concept and its entirely mechanical construction, the Astronomia has gone beyond impressive horological achievements and has been regarded as an outstanding multidisciplinary engineering achievement.
- Constant movement of the four satellite arms, rotating over the aventurine dial in 10 minutes
- Blue-lacquered Aluminum globe rotating on itself in 60 seconds and rotating over the aventurine dial in 10 minutes
- Genuine piece of meteorite of true extraterrestrial origin, rotating over the aventurine dial in 10 minutes
- Patented Differential keeps skeletonized time display always in the correct 12/6 orientation
- Dial in stainless steel and starry aventurine
MOVEMENT: Manufacture Jacob&Co. Manual Winding JCAM17; Diameter: 103 x 54.5mm; Components: 399; Material: Titanium; Power Reserve: 8-days; Frequency: 21'000 vib/h (3 Hz); Jewels: 41; Finishes: Sand-Blasted; Diamond Angled; Circular Graining
FUNCTIONS: Hours, Minutes Dial Rotating in 10 minutes on the Central Axis, Patented Differential Gears System; Aluminum Lacquered Earth Globe Rotating in 60 seconds on 2 Axes; Open, separated, classic rotating escapement rotating in 2 axes: 1st Axis: in 2.5 minutes, 2nd Axis: in 10 minutes; Genuine Meteorite Stone Rotating in 10 minutes
CASE: 128mm; Thickness: 85mm; Material: Stainless Steel; Mineral Crystal; Bows: Winding and Time-Setting via Stainless Steel Key on the back; Skylayer Front Case: Aventurine and Stainless Steel; Crystal: Unique Domed Mineral Crystal with Antireflective Treatment.
DIAL & HANDS: Dial: Titanium; Hands: Gun Blue Metallic finish
LIMITED EDITION: 101 Pieces; Individually Numbered Pieces.