The Opera Godfather Musical Watch combines the world of ultra-high-end watchmaking with the breathtaking complexity of a mechanical musical box, playing the stirring theme music of Francis Ford Coppola's The Godfather. The Opera Godfather is powered by its exclusive, 658-component JCFM04 movement, a caliber of absolutely peerless construction and an unmatched capacity to amaze and entertain.
Created in official partnership with Paramount Pictures, the production and distribution company of The Godfather, the Opera Godfather utilizes its bespoke complication of two rotating cylinders with a total of 30 teeth turning against two combs to play a melody of 120 notes of The Godfather theme music.
It isn't all just about the music: the Opera Godfather relies on a spectacular triple-axis tourbillon to ensure accurate timekeeping, and to represent Jacob & Co's cutting-edge watchmaking expertise. A combination of steel, brass, platinum and titanium components in the JCFM04 caliber, as well as their hand-finished decorations, connect the artistic and technical sides of the Opera Godfather.
- Triple-axis tourbillon powered movement
- Two-comb, two-cylinder Swiss Music Box, playing the theme from The Godfather on demand
- The two music box cylinders are completely set with white diamonds
- Entire dial turns 120 degrees while music plays
- Time display stays in the correct 12/6 orientation thanks to a patented differential system
- Hand-sculpted and hand-painted Godfather figurine in the center of the timepiece
- 18K gold plate with instantly recognizable Godfather logo
- Partnership with Paramount Pictures
- 18K gold, black-lacquered piano with moving keys
- 49mm rose gold and domed sapphire crystal case
- Violin-shaped winding crank
- Separate power reserves for the movement and the music box
- Setting via lift-out box on case back