The Opera Godfather Musical Watch combines the world of ultra-high-end watchmaking with the breathtaking romantics and complexity of a mechanical musical box that plays the stirring theme music of Francis Ford Coppola's The Godfather. A true Grand Complication timepiece, the Opera Godfather is powered by its exclusive, 658-component JCFM04 movement; a caliber of absolutely peerless construction and an unmatched capacity to amaze and entertain.
Created in official partnership with Paramount Pictures, the producer and distributor company of The Godfather, the Opera Godfather utilizes its bespoke complication of two rotating drums with a total of 36 teeth turning against two combs to play a melody of 120 notes of The Godfather theme music.
It isn't all just about the music: the Opera Godfather relies on a spectacular triple-axis gravitational tourbillon to ensure accurate timekeeping, and to represent Jacob & Co's cutting-edge watchmaking expertise. A combination of steel, brass, platinum and titanium components in the JCFM04 caliber, as well as their hand-finished decorations connect the artistic and technical sides of the Opera.
- Triple-axis tourbillon powered movement
- Two-comb, two-cylinder Swiss Music Box, playing the theme from The Godfather on demand
- Entire dial turns 120 degrees while music plays
- Time display stays in the correct 12/6 orientation thanks to a patented differential system
- Hand-sculpted and hand-painted Godfather figurine in the center of the timepiece
- 18K gold plate with instantly recognizable Godfather logo
- Partnership with Paramount Pictures
- 18K gold, black-lacquered piano with moving keys
- 47mm mono-block sapphire crystal case
- Separate power reserves for the movement and the music box
- Setting and winding via lift-out bows on the 18K rose gold case back
Movement: Caliber: Exclusive Manufacture Jacob&Co Manual-Winding JCFM08; Material: Gold, steel, titanium, brass; Components: 621; Jewels: 59; Functions: Subsidiary hour and minute dial; Triple-axis tourbillon: External cage 180 seconds; Intermediate cage 96 seconds; Internal cage 48 seconds. Godfather Theme activated on demand by pusher at 2 o'clock: rotation of two cylinders against 2 combs (30 teeth in total) playing a melody of approx. 100 notes. Decors: 18K Rose Gold and black PVD Godfather plate, Black lacquered 18K Rose Gold Piano and Miniature Godfather at the center of the movement; Power Reserve: 42-Hours; Frequency: 21'600 vib/h (3 Hz); System: Triple Axis Tourbillon, Music Box with Double Combs
Case: Diameter: 47mm; Height: 20mm; Material: 18K Rose Gold and Sapphire; Case Back: 18K Rose Gold; Bows: Winding and Time-Setting via two lift-out rotating bows on caseback; Crystal: Unique Domed Single Sapphire Crystal with Double Anti-Reflective Treatment; Water resistance: 30m (3 atm)
Dial & Hands: Dial: Black Mat Polish and 18K Rose Gold Applique Index; Hands: Blued Jacob&Co designed hands
Strap & Clasp: Strap: Black Alligator Leather; Clasp: 18K Rose Gold Deployant buckle
Limited Edition: 36 Pieces