The Opera Godfather Musical Watch combines the world of ultra-high-end watchmaking with the breathtaking complexity of a mechanical musical box, playing the stirring theme music of Francis Ford Coppola's
. The Opera Godfather is powered by its exclusive, 658-component JCFM04 movement, a caliber of absolutely peerless construction and an unmatched capacity to amaze and entertain.
Created in official partnership with Paramount Pictures, the production and distribution company of
, the Opera Godfather utilizes its bespoke complication of two rotating cylinders with a total of 36 teeth turning against two combs to play a melody of 120 notes of
- Triple-axis tourbillon powered movement
- Two-comb, two-cylinder Swiss Music Box, playing the theme from
- on demand
- Entire dial turns 120 degrees while music plays
- Time display stays in the correct 12/6 orientation thanks to a patented differential system
- Hand-sculpted and hand-painted Godfather figurine in the center of the timepiece
- 18K gold plate with instantly recognizable Godfather logo
- Partnership with Paramount Pictures
- 18K gold, black-lacquered piano with moving keys
- 49mm rose gold and domed sapphire crystal case
- Violin-shaped winding crank
- Separate power reserves for the movement and the music box
- Setting via lift-out box on case back
MOVEMENT: Exclusive Manufacture Jacob & Co. Manual-Winding JCFM04; Diameter: 43mm; Height: 17.2mm; Weight: 38g; Material: Steel, brass, platinum and titanium; Components: 658; Power Reserve: 50-Hours; Frequency: 21'600 vib/h (3 Hz); Jewels: 58; System: Triple Axis Tourbillon, Music Box with Double Combs;Finishing: Bridges and plates: Shot-blasted and Black PVD fi nish; Barrels: Circulargraining; Cylinders: Rose Gold Plated; Screws: Angled Bevel and Mirror Polished.
FUNCTIONS: Subsidiary hour and minute dial Triple-axis gravitational tourbillon (97 components; 1.79g): 1st Axis Flying: in 24 seconds; 2nd Axis Flying: in 8 seconds; 3rd Axis Flying: in 30 seconds; Godfather Melody activated by pusher at 10 o'clock: rotation of two cylinders against 2 combs (36 teeth in total) playing a melody of 120 notes, decorated by 18K Rose Gold music score, black lacquered; piano and Miniature Godfather at the center of the movement; Dial and movement rotation of 120° in approximately 30 seconds
CASE: Diameter: 49mm; Height: 20mm; Material: 18K Rose Gold and Sapphire; Case Back: 18K Rose Gold; Bow: Time-Setting via 18K Rose Gold lift-out rotating Bow on case back; Winding by 18K Rose Gold Violin Crank-handle at 3 O'clock; Crystal: Unique Domed Sapphire with Double Anti-Reflective Treatment
DIAL & HANDS: Dial: Black Mat Polish and 18K Rose Gold Applique Index; Hands: Blue Finish.
STRAP & CLASP: Black Alligator Leather Clasp: 18K Rose Gold Folding.
REMARKS: Water resistance: 3 atm; 2-year warranty.
LIMITED EDITION: 18 Pieces